.NET is an open-source and cross-platform introduced by Microsoft in the 1990s. Developers can create different applications that run on Linux, Windows, and macOS. It has a wide range of tools, libraries, and programming languages. You can develop .NET apps using programming languages such as C#, Visual Basic, or F#.
.NET Framework is one of the implementations of .Net that supports desktop apps, services, and much more on Windows. Without sufficient funds for licenses and platforms, .NET is an excellent place to launch your startup.
Besides, more than 17 million websites have been developed using ASP.NET and more than 10 million unique domains. Other estimates put the number of live websites using ASP.NET at more than 41 million.
Therefore, ASP.NET is ideal for a startup because it provides a wide range of benefits when developing commercial applications ranging from simple websites to complex web applications.
The advantages of using .NET, particularly for startups.
1. Interoperability– Interoperability refers to the ability of various computerized systems or products to connect and communicate with each other, even if entirely different manufacturers developed them in totally unrelated industries. The systems can exchange information between databases and applications.
Following Microsoft’s release of two editions of Windows 10 Internet of Things (IoT), it has significantly improved the platform’s efficiency, allowing business owners to grow their businesses. As a result, .NET has become the best platform for startups wishing to use the technology.
2. Scalability – The ASP.NET framework is robust for any commercial application. All organizations ranging from small-scale to large enterprises have utilized the framework for technical strategies. It is highly scalable, making it easy to meet the requirements of a rapidly expanding organization. As a result, your business application evolves and grows as the startup grows.
3. High Security – ASP.NET comes with top security features making it one of the most secure platforms in the market. The shopping cart for eCommerce solutions would not have survived if there were gaps. .NET is essential in identifying and covering any of those gaps.
What to Look for in .NET Development Company?
If you need a company to develop a project for you, here is what you should look for:
- Professionalism- These are often known as soft skills. They should respond to questions promptly and be available to explain their end-to-end development processes. The company should be ready to listen carefully to your needs and understand what you aim to accomplish with your project.
- Credibility – You have to do extensive work to determine potential vendors. Your search should include reviews from past clients, their duration in business, and their online presence. Do they have an authoritative blog?
- Skillset – The company you choose should have the necessary technical skills to accomplish your project. You can inquire about the samples of projects with similar scope, size, and functionality. If possible, the samples should be from the same industry.
- Value – Cost is typically one of the main factors to consider. However, don’t make a decision solely on the pricing. Focus on the value you’ll get.
- Support – The company you choose should provide support after the project development, especially if you have a complex application.
The Cost of Building .NET Application
Building a .NET development application is much cheaper than a website development because it takes a short time to build. However, the time and cost to develop a .NET application can increase significantly depending on the organization’s requirements.
Typically, the following factors will determine the cost:
On average, a simple application with essential functions can cost between $2.000 and $5.000. However, a complex .NET application such as an eCommerce could be as high as $10.000 or even more.
Five .NET Application Companies
Location: Romania, Denmark, UAE
Hourly Rate: $50 – $100/hr
Employees over 150
RebelDot is a digital product company, helping brands around the world accelerate their process towards digitalization and innovation. With over a decade of experience in building products for over 50 companies in multiple industries, RebelDot comes with proven experience in building web and mobile apps from the idea phase to a thriving digital product.
Since 2012, our team has designed and built digital products that bring people together, products that redefine the way we do work and play, products that revolutionize the way cities work and products that power global change.
Alongside React Native, Flutter and Blockchain Development, .NET has gradually became our field of expertise, as more than half of our clients request that we use .NET frameworks to implement various features, from basic CRUD operations, to security and cloud third party integrations.
Being a highly performant, modern and trusted platform, it provides a multitude of libraries and tools, which we take advantage of to facilitate the development and support of applications.
As proof of its focus on delivering the highest quality services to customers worldwide, RebelDot holds the following accreditations:
- ISO 9001:2015 – Quality Management Systems
- ISO 27001:2018 – Information Security Management Systems
- Microsoft Gold Application Development
- Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Gold Application Integration
Location: The United Kingdom and the US
Hourly Rate: $25-$49/hr
Employees over 850
Inflexion is one of the most experienced .NET development companies. It has provided software solutions to businesses and organizations across multiple industries for over two decades. Since 1999, the company has helped thousands of companies optimize their processes by developing custom software solutions using .NET frameworks. With their experienced team, Iflexion offers software development services to customers in different countries worldwide despite their geographical location, operation domain, and organization specifics.
Iflexion provides IT services to all types and sizes of organizations, including startups and large corporations. They also have expertise in custom software development, mobile apps, and enterprise web. They offer services on all aspects of software development. They handle straightforward and complex software development, integration, and support projects.
You can choose Iflexion for your next .NET project because of their experience offering their customers trending technologies such as Blockchain, Augmented and virtual reality, and Artificial intelligence.
Location: The United Kingdom and the US.
Hourly Rate: $100 -$149/hr
Employees 50 – 249
ITGeeks is one of the leading .NET development companies in the United Kingdom and the US, working over numerous platforms. In the UK, they sell their services in eCommerce platforms such as Shopify for business owners to embed their businesses globally.
Popularly known as the “Shopify experts,” ITGeeks offer specialized services such as website design, web hosting, marketing, and analytics. They’ve served over ten thousand clients worldwide and still counting.
Throughout the over seven years they’ve served in the software development industry, ITGeeks have completed over 5000 projects, designed over 2600 online stores on Spotify, and offered over 300 successful store migrations on Shopify, hence the title “Shopify experts.”
You can choose ITGeeks if you’re in the eCommerce industry because of their skillset. Their top additional services include:
- Shopify store setup
- Shopify customization
- Speed optimization
- Store migration
- Store redesign
Hourly Rate: $40/hr
Employees 250 – 499
Instinctools has offered software development and consultation services for digital transformation in Germany and Central and Eastern Europe for over two decades. The IT company helps clients optimize their businesses with a primary focus on reducing development costs while improving speed to market using a transparent engagement model (IT staff augmentation, Offshore development center, and dedicated teams)
Instinctools is among the most experienced .NET development companies, and their services include:
- UX and design
- Business analysis
- Quality assurance and automated testing
- Project management
- Support services
If you want a company with solid experience in a wide range of industries, Instinctools should be the company for your next project. Instinctools has won numerous prestigious industry awards.
Hourly Rate: $45/hr
Employees 50 – 99
For more than ten years, Selleo has offered professional software development services to clients from Europe, Australia, Canada, and the US, designing and developing numerous applications across a wide array of business domains, industries, and technologies.
Different projects have a wide range of features and require specialized staff with industry expertise and specialized skills to handle your new project. Selleo has a team of full-stack developers to handle your project needs while ensuring an increase in your overall business productivity.
If you want a company with a small team for your .NET development project, you can approach Selleo. Besides, they offer a wide range of mobile and web application development and provide cloud-based business process management tools and custom SaaS development services, among many others. And with their small, versatile workforce, they can deliver all kinds of technologically challenging software solutions.
Sello developers boast expertise in .NET development projects, and they also specialize in the following areas:
- Digital dashboards
- Custom SaaS and cloud-based business process management tools
- AdTech and marketing platforms
- Processing solutions
- Data analytics
- LMS and e-learning solutions
.NET is one of the most productive development platforms and is suitable for startups. It enables developers to build high-quality applications much faster. Besides, it comes with a wide range of standard APIs, libraries, support different programming languages, and other powerful tools the Visual Studio family provides.
It supports applications running on Android, iOS, Enterprises server, Windows server, Linux, and microservices running in the cloud, among many others.
🚀Ready to start working on your next .NET project? Get in touch and let’s explore your product idea together!